Olympic Rebellion 1968 T-shirt
The Iconic Olympian Rebellion
Who can forget the moment when 50,000 people were stunned into pin-drop silence at the 1968 Mexico City Olympics? Tommy Smith and John Carlos openly presented a front that spoke volumes about defiance and resistance, and is said to be one of the most powerful political gestures in the history of the Olympics. They stood on the podium with medals around their necks and kept a black-gloved fist raised throughout the American National anthem – this silent statement came to be known as the Black Power Salute.
This t-shirt perfectly captures the moment, and you can practically feel the determination exuding from it, which isn’t surprising since Carlos is a huge fan and supporter of Malcolm X!
Wear this T-shirt to carry their legacy!
- 100% Combed Ringspun Cotton
- Made in USA
- Short sleeves, Crewneck, Fabric laundered, 4.3 oz, comfortable and fitted T-shirt
- Printed by direct to garment tech to keep the colors as pure, bold and deep as they can possibly be
- Black Legacy is the number one Black Power, Black Culture and Pan-African brand
- 10% of the profits are sent to SOS Africa to build schools and educate the poorest African children
- Return policy: the product will be exchanged if their was a mistake on our side and we'll exchange it once for one size down or up if you're not satisfied
- FREE SHIPPING EVERYWHERE!
- Products are made-to-order
- Products are shipped after 3-5 business days for classic products and 6-8 business days for fullprint by USPS
- Track your order directly on our website or by the tracking link we send you by mail as soon as your order ships!
- Returns are free for one size up or down
- FREE SHIPPING EVERYWERE!